Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dark Forces Afoot and Other News

First off, we have some exciting news to share: my farmboy husband has mowed a lawn with a pushmower for the first time. We're so proud of him!

Additionally, there is a dark force at work that ensures whenever we decide to purchase an item from an individual seller, that seller must be from Notre Dame's History and Philosophy of Science niche. First off, our house was owned by such an individual. While we still had the rental truck,
craigslist informed us that someone was selling a solid-oak entertainment center. We looked into it and gave it a new home. Come to learn that the original owner is also a part of the HPS program. Curiouser and curiouser! After all, Eric informs me that there are maybe 20 to 25 people in that field at any given time, and that in a town of 100,000 people.

Finally, I am trying my hand at amateur landscaping. Since the season is too past for me to enjoy much with our garden, I purchased some goodies that are about to flower for my planters up front. Lo and behold, before I could leave the garden center, more foliage was calling to me: the Rose of Sharon pictured above. On Sunday, there were three flowers total. Today, over thirty. Yes, all she wanted was to stretch her roots in some fertile soil in my backyard. I was too weak to refuse such a heartfelt request.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: