Sunday, June 18, 2006

South Bend Update, Part Three

Our offer was to be received or rejected by 6 PM tonight. We didn't ask how soon we could expect a call, and Eric's heart was aflutter until we heard.

We spent our time watching some TV, playing cribbage, Speed, and War (even with an introduced rule after the first game). It has been rainy out, and we were hesitant to leave our phones, so we nixed the pool, but we should find our way there by the end of the day.

Finally, as six was nearing, and passing, we were growing more on edge. We still had a runner-up to fall back on, but it was the waiting that was difficult. A little after six, our phone rang. Our realtor passed on the good news; our offer had been accepted, and the sellers had been meeting with their realtors at five to sign the agreement. Contingent upon a successful inspection, we are proud homeowners in mid-July. It looks as if we will move at the end of July, and the fun begins. There's the daunting responsibility that when things go wrong, we can't just pick up a phone and call our landlord, but it's comforting to know that our mortgage payment is less per month than rent would be here, and we should be able to recover money when we sell it.


Aunt Carol said...

Congratulations! Mert wants to know if the couch in the picture is the one he'll sleep on when he goes to one of the Notre Dame games (just kidding : )

Glad things are working out for you. You're both deserving of good and positive things in your lives.

Aunt Carol

Faith said...

No, we've reserved a much more comfortable couch for him! Nothing but the best!