Monday, October 02, 2006

You Are Hereby Summarily Rejected...



Today I opened a business letter addressed to me only to read the following:
The University is currently working with new systems and as a result you may have received a [rejection] letter for a position that you did not apply for. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience.

Yes, this happened last week. I questioned the validity of the dismissal, as I was fairly confident that I had not applied for the position of one Camps/Facilities Internship. Nevertheless, I deftly stomached the rejection, as long as it took me to cover the distance to the recycle bin.

I must say, it's a harsh world where I am being rejected for jobs that I haven't even applied for. It's fortunate for everyone involved that I'm already gainfully employed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you to link to by flickr's page when you use my photograph :-)