Saturday, March 11, 2006

It Was One of Those Days

I knew yesterday that my students were desperate for a weekend, especially when it came to my last class of the day. There we were, reviewing parts of speech with the delightfully competitive review game. I look to see a student in the back corner, leaning out of his desk, apparently doing something on the floor. He seemed to be taking too long, so I asked him to sit back up. He popped up his head, looked earnestly at me, and sincerely declared, "But Mrs. H, I'm swimming!" None of us knew how to respond to that, so I just shook my head, grinned, and thought it was high time for the day to end. It's not too often I'm caught off guard in my class, but that was unexpected. I guess I can't fault a man for wanting to practice his butterfly with the weather being so beautiful.

No comments: