Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wherein I Do Battle Against Stark Walls

This year I had an epiphany; I could no longer live or rent a place that had stark, white walls. I loved what color could do to walls, and once we bought a place of our own, I was determined to purchase some paint and transform it. Sure, I was hesitant on choosing colors, but since curtains were included with our home, I let that influence our choices.

Last week, I spent four days priming and painting three rooms. All but the bedrooms had color already existent. To wow you with the results, I have included a before picture, taken the day we moved in, and an after shot, taken after everything was returned to it's rightful place.

I began with transforming Eric's office. After all, I knew I had no chance of convincing him to vacate his computer and books once classes started.


For his room we chose "Dark Storm Cloud" to accompany his dangerous philosophical musings.

Then it was time for our bedroom.

The bedroom color was aptly called "Restful." You'll have to excuse the mirror's reflection on the wall; she was pretty excited from all the attention.

Then, I spent two days completing my office/craft room. My muscles weren't excited with another long day of straining and crouching, so I split up the priming and painting.

The color is "Berries and Cream," although of the three, it's the only one I'm still getting used to. In and of itself, I think the color is fine. Perhaps, though, it just isn't the right fit for me. When all is said and done, however, I am glad that the walls aren't white.

So there you have it. I have singlehandedly tackled three rooms, which was one way to feel like I was contributing to something while I was looking for work.

No comments: